March 4, 2011

Modern French cuisine at Le Dauphin

Recently named the 11th best restaurant in the world, Le Chateaubriand in the 11th arrondisement and its chef Inaki Aizpitarte are making the headlines in the culinary world.  Anyone who couldn't wait for weeks to get a table in Le Chateaubriand should try out its sibling Le Dauphin, a wine bar located just next door.

I liked the cool, contemporary feel of Le Dauphin as soon as I stepped inside. The lunch menu of the day promised an interesting combination of ingredients and flavours. Aizpitarte's approach to food was so refreshing compared with all the bistro fare that I have tried in Paris. I am sure some people might even find it a bit odd, but I simply loved it. The starters, in particular, were a daring play of various cooking points that would only work with the freshest ingredients. The end result was a delight.  Now all the more I am convinced I have to put my name down for Le Chateaubriand.

Starters
Raw oyster, mozarella cheese and red cabbage
Bouillon of clams, prawns and celery

Main Course
Veal with chickpeas and radicchio
Pollack with chickpeas and radicchio
 Cheese and Dessert
Tiramisu with passionfruit 
Brie de Meau

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment freely but keep it polite by not doing spam.