January 3, 2011

A lesson for the New Year - be vigilant!

What did I do on New Year's Day?  As a house guest, I just had to go along with what the host proposed. As though the feast from the night before was not damaging enough for my arteries, I woke up to another round of gorging just eight hours later!  The French are not big on breakfast and usually a croissant or a piece of bread with coffee is ample for them. Today was exceptional. In addition to croissant, bread, apple compote, home-made marmalade and coffee, Joelle even baked a cake called Far that had originated from Brittany.  It reminded me of the English bread and butter pudding but the French version comes with prunes, a chewy texture and tastes better.

Far originates from Brittany
The sumptuous breakfast left me feeling sleepy again but I realised it was time to leave.  As I stepped outside of the building, there it was - debris of some vandalised vehicles and a signpost lying just around the street corner.  I then quickly slipped my iphone securely inside my bag and zipped it up.  It had been recently reported in the news that two women was killed in a robbery involving mobile phones.  The lesson for the new year is to stay vigilant.  It is better to be safe than sorry.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment freely but keep it polite by not doing spam.