January 29, 2011

Little joint along the River Seine

My craving for a decent 'savoury-only' lunch has been escalating to the point that it is now unstoppable. Luckily the weekend is full of possibilities as most restaurants are open and I got lucky by ringing Le Reminet at 11:30 to make a reservation for lunch on the same day.

I was initially a bit skeptical about this bistro due to its close proximity to the Notre Dame Cathedral, but on my friend's recommendation, I was willing to give it a try. The decor was classy and the food were well-executed with a contemporary twist in its presentation.

The 3-course lunch menu written on a chalkboard is quite a steal for 18 euros.

Smoked salmon with endives and apples
Ham steak with mashed potato
Cheese Platter
Apart from the main course which was the ham steak that I thought was over seasoned, both the starter and the cheese course were delicious and presented with a flair.

Then, what came immediately after lunch could easily be the highlight of my day out. I wandered off to Berthillon, my favourite ice-cream shop and had a scoop of raspberry sorbet infused with rose petals.  And it was the best sorbet I have ever had in my life!  This was bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment freely but keep it polite by not doing spam.